30/11/2009

Monday debriefing

1 - Neutrophils crazily rock. From a 0, 0, 0, 0 daily level, they were at 0.3 yesterday and are today at 5. The doctor told me and I said, 'Do you mean 5 like in FIVE?" Yes and I can go home. Yuppie! It appears that with the daily injections they give to boost the neutrophil levels, once it goes up, it can go up really steep. I have been having these injections for a week. I might go from no immune system to a superman one. Then Prof B. came around and said that my kidneys need fluid so I need to stay overnight and be fed more liquids. More fluid? I have never drunk 3 litters of water a day like I am doing now. I am even afraid my body may reject a good glass of wine once I am out of here. But, thats's OK, I still go home tomorrow and only return on Monday for more chemo.
For your information a normal person has its neutrophils level between 2 and 10. Want to know more.? Check: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrophils
2 - Spine gets wild. As a side effect of the neutrophils injections I could have bone pain. Never had it until yesterday when started feeling the bottom of the spine going wild. Like if someone was forcinga needle and at each 2 seconds I felt a shock wave of little pain come out of there. Just little pain, but uncomfortable. Doctor stopped the injections. Maybe I had too much already.
3 - B. tells me to eat more and better. Friends are here for this. To give you good advice and strength. But eat more and better? In a hospital? That is like going to MacDonalds and asking them to prepare you something a bit different, chunkier potatoes and maybe a true steak instead of an hamburger. More and better will be at home, stuffing myself in my, as well as A.'s food.
4 - Doctor with a good nose. A new doctor (man) comes around during the weekend, does his thing, washes his hands and goes like "I can smell Jo Malone in the air". I look at the the doctor (woman), she looks at me and I say " Yes Jo Malone lime" (my perfume), and he goes 'lime, basil and mandarine". And the woman doctor "I am impressed by your nose". Lol, some doctors can smell more than diarrhea and vomiting after all, even catch a Jo Malone in the air. How refreshing.
5 - Heartbeat. My heartbeat is always above average in the morning at 9:00 than in the evening. Considering you should have slept during the night I wonder what is going on with my dreams/nightmares that is so demanding from my heart.

3 comments:

Sinapse said...

Eh pa, eu nao te disse que 2a-feira ia ser o dia? E nao me digas que o teu perfume acendeu uma centelha de romance entre o medico e a medica?

Anonymous said...

Vieram tarde mas vieram em força. Mas como diz o velho ditado mais vale tarde que nunca. Beijos Natália

Cão Traste said...

acho que ate acendeu que quando sairam do quarto ainda a ouvi no corredor a insistir: "I am amazed with your nose".

Realmente N. mais vale tarde que nunca.