10/11/2009

How could I forget today's luxuries

Yes, today I started getting a taste of good life at hospital. In the morning I had volunteers offering books from the library and another one offering to go shopping (supermarket, I would not trust them any other kind of shopping). Then cakes, sandwiches and tea and coffee. And top of the tops a reflexology massage. Put myself immediately down in the list of the ones that enjoy these luxuries, so that I will get a daily visit. Only problem the woman did speak more than I. How is that possible. And kept talking about of the oils she was using...the most expensive in the industry. Is that a message? I only enjoy freebbies. And, wait for this one, despite all the tubes they stick to me (well there are only two) I managed to have a shower. Did you ever stop in the middle of a shower to enjoy the simple act of a shower? The joys of feeling water running through my body, isn't this wonderful? It happened a similar thing some days ago when I was alone in my apartment looking through the window to the tree in front at the sunset. I found myself staring at a tree that has been there for three years and that has always been pretty irrelevant. How beautiful: sun, a tree, leaves. My message his, stop once in a while and LIVE something around you.

11 comments:

Sinapse said...

eheheheheh! Reflexologia todos os dias e' capaz de ser meio exagerado ... intercala isso com umas massagens neck&shoulders!

Anonymous said...

I couldn´t agree more with you Miguel!!! Big kiss. Ulla

Anonymous said...

Ola Mike,

É bom ter noticias tuas nesta base diária. é quase como se estivéssemos ai ao lado. mas não é bem, eu sei... Timor é mesmo no outro lado do mundo; nesta altura, parece noutra galáxia!

Trata de dar cabo desse intruso num instante!

Abraço

israel

aNaCoNda said...

concordo em absoluto contigo caro Mike, por vezes é bom parar para dar devido valor.

continua assim em grande, adoro ler.t, bj darling

Anonymous said...

essa do duche fez-me recuar uns anitos, não muitos, e lembrar a tua (nossa) "experiência" de dormir no deserto, ahah.

abraço,
Z.

Cão Traste said...

deserto aquele em que a mi conquistou o velhote desdentado pelos seus aneis?
Bemvindos Ana e Isra.

Unknown said...

Este teu blog está melhor do q mtas salas de convívio! A malta vai aparecendo!!!

Anonymous said...

Migu,

Apesar de estar a aparecer hoje pela primeira vez, desde o início estou a acompanhar este romance!
Quanto ao deserto...a recordação que tenho é dos ratos, e do teu creme armani! LEMBRAM-SE?
Mi

Cão Traste said...

ai nao me lembro do creme, mas lembro dos ratitos e da quantidade de areia por todo o lado, incluindo yacas de cafe. lol

Anonymous said...

Luxo.. esse hospital ta tudodebom.com! com massagem e tudo! Ela vai te visitar em casa tambem? eu negociava!!
Bjs
Fabi

Cão Traste said...

lol vou tentar arranjar manicure e pedicure