10/11/2009

First downs and immediate recovery

Today you are entitled to a report on my night and full day. I shall not be to graphic. Lets try! 2am the intestine started hurting like if someone decided to squeeze it from beginning to end. I thought it was already, but nope it was 2am, promising. Felt nausea and thought OMG (Oh my God!) I will vomit in no time. Resisted. 4am more of the same and yes vomited...some green stuff. A beautiful green though. But it was a bit like vomiting after a terrible hangover, except that the dinner had been processed and I think I was expelling some kind of UFO material. Reported to nurses and got some antisickness pills. Could sleep fine. Breakfast at 9pm. Starving since dinner was at 6pm. In the meantime, Natalia got me the first war supplies. I am pretty equipped now for that little appetite in between meals. Around 3pm more drip with chemo, just 15 minutes and then...then the first intrathecal (spine injection). If any of you does it and tells me it is not easy you will be downgraded in my consideration. It is pretty easy. It was the anestetic that was a bit more "painful", but the full procedure was so manageable to the point that when they were injecting me the chemo I thought they hadn't started. Dinner at 6pm. Natalia left and I am writing you. I am surrounded by Italians and Americans. Thank God the Italians are quiet and there are no mammas around, but the Americans are their usual self speaking to the entire ward. So, Natalia and I stepped up the competition and chatted for 7 hours in a row (Ok, except 1,5 hour for lunch). Low volume but still uninterrupted. Lol. And now its is time to check my 7 LUX and Caras. Very important to keep updated with who is marrying, divorcing, getting cancers (Je! there are two covers on "stars" with cancers").

3 comments:

Sinapse said...

lol! nao fosse teres especificado que foi uma conversa em low volume, eu ia dizer "OMG, coitados dos italianos e dos americanos"... e' que nada compete com a nossa Natalia!!!

Cão Traste said...

foi absolutamente discreto. a moca comporta-se bem no ambiente hospitalar.

Pedro Velasco said...

Cada vez mais me convenço que isto é um esquema teu para teres massagens e apareceres na capa de uma revista.