16/11/2009

No food complains

For the ones that know me, it does not come as surprise that I can be a bit fussy about food. Not fussy, for being fussy, but a bit of Portuguese fussy. If you know what I mean. Fish would need to be typical from Portuguese markets, so no saumon. No lamb, no uncooked stuff and so on. So, to be in a hospital ward...in London and have no complains about food is quite remarkeable. I need to pay my visit to the chef one of these days. Let me give you a flavour of my choice and yes I do have a choice. Breakfast started with scrambled eggs and toasts. Lunch there is a choice of potato & leek soup, potatoe salad or plaice goujons (need some help from google here). Then beef casserole, grilled fillet of plaice, braised pork chops with apples or mushroom stroganoff. Served with lemon rice, roast potatoe, seasonal vegetables or mixed leaf side salad. And to finish fresh fruit salad, carrot cake, savoury cheese & water biscuits (no savoury cheese for the Portuguese man here ever), flavoured jelly or icecream. Not tired? Ready for dinner choices? Chicken soup with bread roll, greek salad or cheese & coleslaw salad. Sheperds pie, seafood risotto, roast chicken sage jus or vegetable korma. Served with savoury/plain rice, saute potatoe, seasonal vegetables or mixed leaf side salad. And for desert fresh fruit salad, apple crumble with cream or custard, the cheese, jelly or icecream. Uffff!! And, not only there is choice, but all is indeed savoury and with pepper and salt. Not the typical untasty hospital food. To complete, staff (nurses, team leaders) are all apologetic if something goes wrong. I heard already this morning J. the team leader apologize to a patient, not less than three times, because the chef stopped doing something for breakfast. But again, it seems that all this treatment is really for lymphoma alikes sufferers. Not all wards are this well equipped. Thank you lymphoma for your pleasantries. Final word, I hope "LEAN" never gets into this ward or poor patients risk to end up with a streamlined food production, proposing then chicken or fish, no pepper, no salt. lol

Note: web quit on me on my computer. I am almost silenced.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miguel.. nao come tao bem assim ha anos!! posso ir passar uns dias com voce? fabi

Anonymous said...

ups - eu nao comO tao bem assim..

Cão Traste said...

venham dai a L. ontem ja dizia a onde se podia apuntar para ficar hospedada tambem nesta enfermaria. lol