18/11/2009

In a liquid state

And I am not talking about going to a pub. I am literally in that part of the universe creation where some little creature moved from water to the soil and gave place to something human. My inner body is a tsunami in the making. In the silence of the night I can feel the chemo moving through the hickman line making its way through the jugular, all blood system and running through my stomach, intestine and with an incredible precision wakes me up at 02:20, 04:20 and 06:22 to go to the loo. Pee, drink, drip pee, drink, drip, pee, drink, drip, pee, drink, drip. I could make a job out of this. In between I volunteer to measure what I drink, at least keeps me busy. A British breakfast, full options, keeps me going through another now massive dose of chemo that will run for 24 hours. Sleepy I make it through the preparatory mixures they give me of washers and paracetamol. All very patiently executed. You should see the art of a nurse moving from a needle to another, injecting, cleaning. At 14:35 the famous methroxatane (I am sure this is wrongly spelled) goes down the veins. Bit nasty one apparently as gets mouth soar and eventually with ulcers. No signs yet, but still have 19:29 hours to go! Mouthwashers should help. And it is confirmed, cell count is pretty low, as expected. Extra care needed with food (nothing uncooked, extra care with anything prepared at home), get a toilette just for me, can't walk in all parts of ward and they will prepare an isolated room. No sick visitors as of now until I recover in a few days. Oh almost forgot the trainee doctor visit. At a point I felt asking him to sit and I would take the driving sit of the consultation. Half way the assessment (!?) the guy says 'oh, so you know you have cancer'?. And I am like mate 2+2=4, nope? I had told him I have a lymphoma and I am doing chemo from the beginning of the conversation and he was still figuring out how to bring me to the conclusion that I have a cancer? Hellllooooo!!!!! And finally if you never tried potassium, try. It is very blase. I have to put up my levels of potassium and the nurse starts explaining that tastes a bit bad, but I should be ok. Well I took it as if it was coke. I mean coca cola. I don't know what they are doing to me, but anything goes really, anything. At this rate bring me anchovies...in powder. Lol

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon, si tu as besoin d'un autre dessin de Moise pour amuser un peu tes journées, dis le ! L'artiste ne travaille que sur commande...
Alain

Cão Traste said...

lol alors sur commande je voudrais bien un dessin de comment moise voit son papa.

Sinapse said...

... a beber potassio como quem bebe coca-cola! tu es aquela maquina!!!
:)

Sinapse said...

... quanto a esse medico-estagiario ... nao sei como e' que conseguiste calar um grande DUUUUHHHH!?!

Sinapse said...

Querem ver!? qualquer dia esta' a comer salmao! ou cordeiro/cabrito! e a lamber os dedos!

Cão Traste said...

pois pois a noite e que foi um cabritanco dos bons. ja era tempo de saber o que isto custa verdadeiramente.

Anonymous said...

Seu Migu,
qq dia estou a ver-te a colaborar no guião do Dr. House... Hollywood te espera :))
Abraço
Z

aNaCoNda said...

devias ter mandado com 1 galo de barcelos na cabeça do menino estagiário!!!...lol

Cão Traste said...

olha falta-me aqui um galinho de barcelos. cocoricoco