22/11/2009

Quiet weekend

The body is recovering well from chemo. Though the levels are still high in the blood, which means I am still stuck with the drip. After feeling a bit frustrated for my continuous lack of physical freedom, I think I just got used to it. S. visited and brought me a little Christmas decoration. The support of the drip starts looking like a Christmas tree. M. is also visiting. You should see them with the gloves and naperons supposed to protect me from external factors. Yes, because my immune system is currently at 0. Nothing to worry too much. I am still functioning but could be easily exposed to infections. Well, an alergy is already declared in the zone of the hickman line. Nothing major though. Appetite is coming back, though I must admit that I could only find the food really good in the beginning because of the ...steroids. Indeed, they gave me steroids and that is why I kept eating like if the world was ending. Now, I can say the food is pretty reasonable, but not better than mine, my mum's or my friends!!!! Antonio I miss your pasta. Steroids, paracetamol and anti-sickness all wonderful. I fear I might be addicted by the end of the treament which could mean an extra detox at some Betty Ford clinic. And the rest has been reading newspapers (did you ever realize how big - waste of paper - weekend newspapers are in this country?) and watching X-Factor. The wonders of hospital. And I still have how many months of this?

5 comments:

Sinapse said...

Entao? como vai esse update de todas as series de televisao da ultima decada?

Unknown said...

Ola Miguel,

Vamos acompanhando o teu blog, embora nao tenhamos aparecido muito. Temos uns IWC Portuguese debaixo de olho. Resta esperar uns saldos de 95%....
Força e coragem. Estamos contigo e mandamos-te muitas “good vibrations”
Beijinhos
Beatriz e Jorge

Cão Traste said...

lol
bota saldos de 95% nisso.
estou preguicoso com as series. estao mais dado a leitura de jornais e revistas com listas de prendas de natal. lol

Unknown said...

Olá Mike,

É a minha estreia no comentário deste blog, mas não no acompanhamento do mesmo.

Ficamos todos radiantes por saber que estás a dar cabo desse intruso.

Tenho, aliás, a certeza de que brevemente, por falta de assunto, nos vais começar a brindar com uma interessante crítica literária e televisiva.

Força aí!
(Do Presépio)

Cão Traste said...

critica tv e artistica e ja. vejam..ai nao podem ver a bbc iplayer. tem um documentario sobre um artista anish kapoor e uma exposicao monumental que esta a fazer na royal academy of arts. impressionante.