09/11/2009

A chemo addict journey starts

I am officially in hospital since this morning. Blood tests, blood pressure, more explanation on chemo. I shall save you the details. What you need to know is that I am now staying for good. Treatment starts this afternoon. Hurrah. I am finally trying the wonders of chemicals running through my veins. You may want to know that some are organic. Very a la mode. Organic, no additives! Lol. You may also want to know that they have no visit restrictions and you can even see me while they inject me. A bit of "casal ventoso" ( a drug spot in Lisbon) in the making. And I can also send you out to get me some gooddies. For as long as I eat all is permitted. Going home? Only once in a while for two days and they can not say it upfront.
I am writting you as I eat the most...how to put it...most "special" pizza margherita I have ever eaten. But I am starving so anything goes. Oh by he way they will also stuff me with drugs to keep the appetite and I may even put weight. That is a first one for me...put weight. Excellent to explode a few buttons on the tight shirts. Or maybe not, my life now is more loose pyjamas. Lets see how the mood goes after the first chemo and bone marrow injections. Little detail, my pee will be red with one of the chemicals. How cool, but since I am a Porto fan I will check if we can make it blue.

7 comments:

Sinapse said...

Depois de anos e anos a queixar-se da magreza ... essa do put on weight so' acredito quando der para ver, lol! Isso sim, e' uma ironia da vida: e' preciso uma chemo para o Cao Traste ganhar peso! Muito radical!
Beijos, e arrasa com esse bastard!

Anonymous said...

Boa sorte para a jornada que hoje começa!
E quanto ao Natal, tenho a certeza que o bacalhau com todos e demais "delicacies" tradicionais portuguesas não te hão-de faltar :) Bj. Marta

Carlota said...

Fantástico humor!
Ponho-me a pensar como será o Miguel assim p'ró gordito...
Beijos e boa disposição!
Carla

Anonymous said...

Miguel, I send you a big hug and kiss and lots and lots of courage! I am happy to see that your are looking at things with humor and are as tough as always. I will try to send you some rib-eye tacos with lots of salsa... :-)
un besote! Ulla

Cão Traste said...

mmmm tacos, guacamole ....and brut imperiale for me, not yemanja.
here i am zen...bored. yes bored. lol i have even read the daily mail and the sun. a vomit these newspapers.
kisses for all of you

Ariadne said...

Nao te quero tirar o apetite, mas de momento estou num quarto de hotel minúsculo que nem sequer dá para um exerciciozinho de musculacao; este quarto está a tresandar à comida chinesa que fui buscar hoje à noite após um dia agitado de trabalho... uuff. Dá-le, a esse linfoma, para poderes voltar ao ritmo normal de lufa-lufa! Beijos grandes e fica bem!

Cão Traste said...

ah nao tenho muito espaco e tambem nao ha musculacao, mas tenho reflexologia