15/11/2009

Weekend at home in family

Like a true Pacha. Me sitting in the sofa and please pass me the water, please get me this, now please get me that. And mum and sister cooking, cleaning, cooking, cleaning, ironing. Despite my atempts to save some cleaning for the cleaning lady that comes over next week. She will have a good life that one. Saturday dinner...bacalhau. Oh! the wonders of Portuguese codfish, boiled vegetables and potatoes. Nothing simpler, nothing more tasteful, dressed with a wonderful...Portuguese olive oil. Only problem mum decided to cook at 17:30...by 18:30 we were ready for dinner, after lunch at 14:30. The hospital can't beat this rythmn. But my appetite is unbeatable, so far. And to complete the weekend, G. went to pick up my "Expresso" (newspaper) at Lisboa. Now packing, not more not less than if I was going for a long weekend abroad, to return to hospital, for a rougher week. No clue on when I will get back home in the coming weeks, it will depend on the immune system and possible infections. I love my new apartment, pretty cosy. I shall miss my photo collection.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi mor,

Bacalhau com legumes e azeite. Realmente, a comida tuga nao tem que ter inveja das outras. Ningem consegue ser tao perfeito na simplicidade como nos!
Vai pensando naquilo que queres que eu te faça para comer enquanto ai estiver :-)

bjos

Sinapse said...

Good vibrations for the week ahead!
Beijos,
Bill

Sinapse said...

(clickar no texto em azul)

Cão Traste said...

lol nao me dei conta que o som estava alto, abro o link e sai u ahhhhhh. parecia um orgasmo. os meus colegas pacientes devem pensar que vai uma festa no meu coin.

Cão Traste said...

Rosa fofa, ainda nao sei se irei a casa quando ca estiveres. Mas sempre te ponho a fazer uns mimos que me possas trazer ao hospital.

aNaCoNda said...

bj migu... apetite para o bacalhauzinho sempre aumenta, claro que te compreendo na perfeição: é o melhor prato do mundo!!

Anonymous said...

Nada como o bacalhau da mama para ajudar a enfrentar a proxima semana. Força aí Mike. Beijos. Natália

Sinapse said...

... ainda sem net?