12/11/2009

Try and stick a fork up your chest and neck!

Warning: English and Americans should read this as a joke, don't do this at home.

Today was time to introduce a hickman line (check the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hickman_line*) in my chest up to my neck. This line is helpful as it allows to take blood and inject chemo without using multipe places/veins. Bit nervous, but again the staff is very nice, chatty. There were a few of them, anesthetic and off you go. Simple procedure, 15 minutes. You just feel slightly the doctor pushing the little tube up your main vein up to the neck. It is a bit a sensation like you stick a fork up your chest and neck. Nope. Don't try this one at home. It could go wrong. This was done straight after lunch and I thought can you do this with my stomach full? Clearly they can. Quick and easy. But after...you feel it a bit when drinking, eating, and laughing, so I have been trying to remain serious. They say the feeling will go away but just in case get me those painkillers nurse. After it was time for another 15 minutes drip. Oh and they shaved me for the line. Good laugh with the nurse shaving me and asking if I wanted more. No darling, chemo will take care of the rest. Ops, but when asked how long it would take to get hair back, she said maybe 6 to 12 months. What? I am naked without my hair. Where does my latino look goes? No more open shirts? Lol. I hope she is wrong.


*wait a second...my doctor didn't tell me that one of the possible secondary effects is thrombosis. I need to re-check what I have signed for. I don't sign for thrombosis, oh no I don't

8 comments:

Sinapse said...

Vendo a coisa pelo lado positivo: pelo menos nao vais ter-nos (eu, ou a Marta Moura ou a Susana) sempre 'a perna a dizer-te para abotoares a camisa mais acima! ;-)

Beijos,
Bill

Unknown said...

LOL!! Terás que deixar o estilo Ibiza-Playboy para daqui a uns tempos ; ) E sabes que muitas vezes o cabelo nasce encaracolado? Nessa versão é que eu já não te consigo imaginar!!!

aNaCoNda said...

concordo com a Susana, Latino bronzeado de carapinha loira, hmmm... um must!!, vai ser o sucesso londrino.

cristin agomes said...

Miguel,parabéns por estas «crónicas» hilariantes..acho q. deves considerar compilá-las em livro para mais tarde te virem a ser úteis...))
one never knows...
bjs de coimbra city
cg.

Cão Traste said...

voces sao umas mazonas. nunca apreciaram um homem de pelo no peito. essa do cabelo encaracolado have de ser bonita.
Cris realmente ainda faco um livro, afinal se qualquer socialite escreve um romance ou sobre etiqueta porque nao eu escrever sobre os encantos dos hospitais. lol

Anonymous said...

não te esqueças de lançar um livro antes deste... o das "reclamações" :)
abraço
Z.

Anonymous said...

eu ja to te imaginado loiro.. como na casa da Sara.. sera que tem chance??? lolol !!
Fabi

Anonymous said...

Está super na moda homens sem pelos no peito e olha que alguns tem de sofrer na depilação. Ainda te queixas - afinal é só vantagens a quimio vai te pôr na moda.