10/12/2009

I can't complain can I?

Judging by the 5 minutes the doctors spend with me everyday I think I can conclude I am doing well. They come in, how are you, fine, any questions? no questions, oh you are doing well. And they leave. But not everyone around me is in the same situation. One of the Maneis has the biopsy wound infected and it is getting difficult to heal. The British lad in front of me looks ok, but has back pain, had an heart attack, the nerves over the eye leaving him seeing double and cause him chest pain. The British toff (judging by his ring on the small finger) is ready to go home but kidneys block him. The Indian gentleman is pretty blocked and the other day his eyes were a bit bizzare, I thought he was dying. I think it was just pain and despair. On one of the isolated rooms there is a guy covered in tubes. I heard a lot of crying today from family and friends. In between the Christmas tree is being set up. Business as usual. The show must go on. Bottomline, if something shitty happens to you today, give a deep breath, think there is someone, somewhere in deep shit and you are just doing fine. Move on or take a break. There is only one thing that has no solution. Death. And it is also our biggest certainty. Poor mortals.

No comments: