09/12/2009

Back to chemo

With so many stories around the Maneis, you may not know that I am back on chemo since Monday. Exactly the same cycle as the previous time. A first easier week with intrathecal's and 15 minutes intravenal chemo. But as I like things well organized I was not very pleased that the chemo last Monday started at 19:00 instead of 15:00 like last time and that they have changed my the doctore for the intrathecal. After all Dr. E. had given already three injections and I was used to her. Yesterday the doctor changed and I fell a bit tense. This reflected on feeling more the anesthetics. But still OK. Compared to last time I feel a bit more nausea, but again nothing dramatic. With chemo the beard is not growing, but is not falling eitehr, so I shaved it as well. My head finally looks like a perfect egg. At least the eyebrows and eyelashes are still there. And then there was the facing of the first meal at hospital after 5 days at home. I passed the test and could eat. Despite they give me steroids again, there is no way I will comment that the food is excellent like during my first week here.


Cultural note: TV has the basic English channels, 2 Arabian and 1 Indian. The Indian is a kind of MTV showing all the time Bollywood style clips. If you never watched Bollywood style clips I incentive you to do it. Visually it is extremely rich (the coreography, the clothes, the colours), women are all gorgeous, men so so. The sound and vocals are a bit of the same after 2 or 3 songs unfortunately. A lot of tiri tiri, that changes into siri siri, into piri piri song after song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jajajaja! You are so right about the Bollywood music! tiri tiri tiri that changes into piri piri piri.

Besossss, Ulla