02/12/2009

"Faux pas"

When I moved apartments I wrote to my Portuguese bank informing them. They came back saying that they could only do the change in person at a branch (in Portugal) or over the phone! Slightly irritated I wrote them back saying something like: "Dear XX, I am currently in hospital, in London curing a cancer. It will be difficult to go to a branch in Portugal and I don't find beneficial for my chemo to spend my time queuing on the phone. Consequently, you have the info, so do with it what you want. If you need to find me, try and you may be lucky....". I was very proud of my answer. Today I get a message from my branch in Viatodos, saying all is fixed and wishing me all the best for my treatment. Nice...nice? STUPID, I was very stupid. I went saying to the bank that I have a cancer. Very smart move. Try now to get a health insurance or loan from them Miguel, try. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! In order to compensate for this, I am back home eating my food...no loss of appetite whatsoever. Went to hospital for another intrathecal. Went OK as usual, but feeling a bit tired now (10 hours after). The girl next door was less lucky, kept screaming as soon as she saw the needle. I guess they had difficulties finding her veins.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mais uma vantagem do linfoma, conseguiu dar cabo da burocracia portuguesa. Podes sempre recorrer ao banco em Bxl. Cuida de ti. Beijos Natalia.

Sinapse said...

Entao? Como tens gozado a tua 'liberdade condicional' e a estadia no lar doce lar?

p.s. - vais passar a ser cliente do Centea, la tera que ser! ;)

Cão Traste said...

Po cliente do Centea? Eles nem Mr Cash tem.
Deliciado com o meu ape e ultimas aquisicoes. Umas cadeiras Danish Rosewood Moller que cobri com um fino tecido. nao liguem ao preco que nao e o correcto.
http://www.52meters.com/page5.htm

Anonymous said...

As cadeiras são lindas! estou a ver q o bicho não te tirou a capacidade de consumo, isso é bom.
Ainda hoje me lembro daquele poderoso guarda chuva da "janes" em Braga...lembras te? beijo e aproveita a tua casa.
Mi

Cão Traste said...

lol lindo guarda chuva da armani que so o vento louco de bruxelas conseguiu destruir.