12/12/2009

Back home for weekend

Another rest at home. Though I start thinking if it is a good idea. After all in two days I am back to that food. If you missed the beginning of this blog (where have you been anyway?) I started by loving the food, then igonring it, still don't hate it, but I am not far. Reason why, yesterday, taking advantage that everyone was in the spirit of Christmas parties, I also had mine with a steak at Sophie's Steakhouse, my steak hideaway in Fulham Road. www.sophiessteakhouse.co.uk. It is so good to go to a place where they know you, they give you a big smile, know what you want. Basically treat you like a loyal customer. Exactly like in Brussels, isn't it? I need to share this one with the ones of you that didn't have the chance to know yet one of the best pearls of Belgian service. I am with a friend at "Pain Quotidien" Avenue Louise. It is 09:50, though I hadn't realize. We order a ham/cheese sandwich. "Oh! non desole, on sert pas des tartines avant 10 heures!!!!" - meaning sorry mate no sandwiches before 10. My friend was pretty shocked having realized it was 09:50. And hell, it could have been 08:00, a sandwich is a sandwich, a bit of cheese and ham in a bread. But, not in Belgium. In order to complete the scene, he girl proposes to bring the bread, the ham and the cheese...all separate. Which she did!!!!!! Now do you think she even realized our shock and how stupid she looked? I can answer, she didn't. There are more stories, if you wish.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Migu;
Aindabem que somos assim....a Elsa de Susi é como nós, um belo manjar põe nos para cima :)))) beijinhos e saudades,
Mi

Cão Traste said...

lol sempre apesar de que na consigo ser tao boquinha santa quanto a nossa elsa.

Sinapse said...

Mas que bom!! enjoy home!!!!

... ja la pus a foto para tu veres!

Cão Traste said...

qual foto?

Anonymous said...

Eu era a amiga nessa bela historia de flexibilidade e bom serviço belga. Momento inesquecivel. Beijos mor. Natália

Cão Traste said...

Ai nao foste tu nao. foi a Teresa Mergulhao.