05/01/2010

What to do with your free time while killing a lymphoma?

For instance, go to the cinema. Session 15:00. You and 300 empty chairs, until the retired and the teenagers start arriving. And this is the typical audience ...at 15:00. The sick (in recovery), the retired and teenagers. At least everyone behaved. But going to the cinema, namely here is an experience that I enjoy less and less. First, the price: It went up again. Now it stands at 10 GBP. I looked at the seller and said "Again?! For this price do I get to sit with the main actress?". Therefore, I decided to make the unlimited card at 16.50 GBP per month. I can see as many movies as I want (but do you really do it?). However, little detail, the cinemas in my Borough (The Royal one and only) are more expensive. Consequently, the card is more expensive! Rich neighbourhood, expensive cinema. I will try to argue that I am not a banker. Second, the advertising: the session starts at 15:00. That is, the advertising starts at 15:00 and runs for 25 minutes. Now, I paid 10 GBP already and still have to take 25 minutes of advertising? Who asked for it? Third, the popcorn: I simply hate these fuckers eating, touching, making noises with the popcorn (not to mention the smell of the guacamole). I am paying 10 GBP to watch a movie, let me enjoy it without sound effects around me. If I had a knife with me I could stick it 3 or 4 times on my neighbour until his head fell into his popcorn box. The other day these 2 Spanish girls were driving me so nuts to the point that I turned to them and told them in the best possible Spanish that either they stopped making noise or I would!!!! Like that. Lol. Fourth, that little light above your head: these lights that they keep switched for some security reason, but that always fall above your head. Cinema is an experience where there is a dark room and a screen shooting images. Just that. No little lights above your head!

Anyway, I went to see NINE, which I recommend. Quite a feast for your eyes and all actors can indeed sing. And I launch a challenge. If you saw the movie or will see it, let me know where you catch D&G. Yes the real Dolce and Gabbana show up very quickly in the movie. So pay attention.

8 comments:

Sinapse said...

ui, ui, ui, this post if full of graphic violence! Knifes, heads falling into popcorn boxes ... did you invite Tarantino to write a post for your blog?
Devias ir todos os dias ao cinema, para fazer render esse cine-passe ... e para depois escreveres posts sobre o assunto, lol!

Anonymous said...

O Morten adorou a descrição das popcorn e partilha o mesmo sentimento. A última vez que fomos ao cinema mudou de cadeira duas vezes em forma de protesto para com os "comedores" de pipocas. Barulho infernal.

Anonymous said...

Seu Migu,
comece aí uma petição para acabar com esses popcornos no cine - também subscrevo... e já agora NINE não é o nome da tal aldeia do norte onde apanhavas o train, eheh?!
Abraço
Z.

Anonymous said...

Coisa estupida.... Não fosse eu entender um bocadito de ingles e ia dizer que foste a NINE!!!!
K horror a terra do inimigo numero 1

Gde abraço
Fatima - a vizinha

Cão Traste said...

lol NIne a caminho de Braga e e efectivamente a 9 estacao depois de Braga. Bom, pelo menos na linha antiga.

Unknown said...

Migu, este é um dos teus melhores posts:
1º - Pela delicada ameaça de te tornares um cine-killer!
2º - Pela recordação de tantas viagenzinhas de combóio p/ Bracara city... quem mais conhece Nine? ; )

Sinapse said...

lol, Suse ... já estou a ver as parangonas ... o Jack the Ripper das salas de cinema!

Cão Traste said...

Mas bue de people know NINE. especially because NINE is just after Viatodos.