25/01/2010

Another PET

No, I did not buy a little pig or even a chihuahua. PET = positron emission tomography. Fancy name for a full body scanner. Boring. I described already the first one back in October, but I didn't recall they injected me some radioactive fluid. So radioactive that I am not supposed to show up with pregant women or children as company, not that the thought had crossed my mind. I did recall they make you rest for an hour and then the scan itself takes half an hour. Since they leave you alone in the room and the scan today seemed to take longer with the machine stopped, I thought that something was wrong. But you can not really leave so I started opening my eyes wide in direction of the video camera. Maybe they could see it and think I was in need of help. In which case if they would show up I could ask if everything was going well. It certainly was. I had also forgotten how hard they are manipulating the cateter. They put it in the middle of my arm, injected the fluid and where usually other nurses remove carefully the plaster and then the needle, here they take everything in a single movement. Like if they were waxing. Bit unpleasant.
Note: Not a good idea to have chicken tikka masala after a fast of more than 12 hours and a PET scan. Not a good idea at all.

5 comments:

Sinapse said...

lol! estou a imaginar-te de olhos arregalados a tentar expressar pedido de ajuda ...

Cão Traste said...

lol assim mesmo e a camara estava por tras da cabeca. por isso era olho arregalado e a girar ate encontrar a camara.

Anonymous said...

Claro! Depois disso só uma boa bacalhausada :)
Abraço
Z.

Kathie said...

Sounds awful. Thinking of you while I sit in the sheraton in Brussels. Chin up and hope you feel good again now.

Cão Traste said...

lol i do feel good again and again. radio strats tomorrow. lets get the roast going