04/01/2010

Service update

Technically speaking I am doing very well. Feeling OK. No spam, service interruptions, outages. Coca Cola still doesn't taste ok, but even that will come back. Hair starts considering growing again. Today I saw Prof. B. Some of the medicine was dropped. I will have a scanner on the 21st then see him again the week after. And a new PET is being scheduled for the same time. Only then we can conclude for the effectiveness of the chemo and decide if the hickman line can be removed. The nurse decided to have a go at me when I asked how they will do it: "Oh! they will simply push it out". "What do you mean? No anesthetics?" I said. But I was reassured that yes the procedure will be like when they have put it on me. I won't feel anything. And by the way I need to visit hospital every week to flash the line. So, basically I am a bit stuck. And finally, radiotherapy. Side effects: skin bit burned, sensitive and fatigue. It is going to take place at the Charing Cross Hospital. 5 minutes a day of radio. For six weeks!!!!!???? SIX weeks? I hope this is just Prof. B. extrapolating. Well, I don't hope anything. It is the treament, so what must be must be. The important is to be really well at the end. No idea when they can start it. Charing Cross Hospital needs to write me. Fingers crossed so that it starts asap.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Já cruzei os meus- XXX!!!

Cão Traste said...

cruza cruza cruza

Unknown said...

Estamos todos a torcer por ti. Vai tudo continuar a correr bem.

Não sabemos dizer que temperatura está na Suiça, ainda estamos em Portugal e por aqui chove, chove, chove, chove, chove, ...