02/01/2010

Better than paracetamol...Harrods sales

Well....I am sick, but not dead or handicaped. Consequently, going out on sales is part of the cure. And what happened to me today at Harrods was better than neutrophils boost injections, alcaline solutions or blood transfusions....it wasn't painful, not even for the credit card. :-). I shall share the experience with you: I was going around trying to find a pullover and after an intense search I was ready to call it out since there was literally nothing to buy and my patience is short these days. I detained myself for a last attempt at a range of clothes they were announcing at 50 GBP and less. A range of shirts. And the first item is this long blue coat SMILING at me (literally calling my name). My brain tried to adjust quickly to the relation item and price. But I was quickly called back to earth. The coat couldn't cost 50 GBP!!! Not a Raf Simons 100% wool (almost looks like cashmere). I looked for the price tag and surprise surprise the coat was significantly more expensive. Disappointed I teased the little and nice female shop assistant: "Darling so this coat costs 50 GBP then? Can I have it in different colours?". And she goes: "Oh! No. You wish, you wish, I will also buy it. It must be misplaced". I confirmed the price with her and she insisted I tried it. Next thing, we had an Ally MacBeal moment, when in the series everything turned crazy and there were like allucinations. That is, I looked myself at the mirror and the coat has Miguel Miguel Miguel written all over and says take me home, take me home. You got it. The coat fitted me perfectly!
Well except that it fits too perfectly and since I lost some kilos, when I get them back what do I do with the coat? But with the shop's assistant help I concluded that I am basically missing muscle in the upper side and that is still manageable under such a beautiful coat. But the price!!! Not to mention that there is a little detail!!! The coat, instead of a pocket on the left up side, it has this kind of window with a metal underneath (almost a mirror!). Indeed, it turns to play the effect of a half heart. Cute! Nothing that my mother can't fix. Anyway, price is a problem. And the shop assistant goes: "Let me check, we might have reduced further the price". She comes back with a big smile and my heart starts beating faster. The coat was half half the initial price!!!!!! What? This is like winning the Euromillions but reverse, you dont really win anything, you just spend much less. I save you the details of the price. Mr Simons isn't cheap and my taste either, but if you imagine that the original price was 100 and what I read as sale price was 50, it turned to be 25 and I still had a 10% discount as Harrods client. If this was not my day, if 2010 is not my year...this is a luck sign! So, done deal. I don't know who was more excited, the shop assistant, myself (on cloud nine), my Amex? Got home all excited, tried the coat...it is black! not blue. But still amazing on me :-) and the laughing goes on. Go shopping, have fun.

http://www.rafsimons.com/collections/aw-09/

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi Miguel! Que bom "ler-te" assim bem disposto :-). Um óptimo 2010 para ti! Beijinhos, Joana Moura

Cão Traste said...

Oi Joana, muito bom ano para ti tambem. Beijos

Sinapse said...

Booooom, eu ca' continuo super convencida que a minha estadia foi fun-da-men-tal, um autentico turning-point para esses neutrofilos ... mas pronto, se tu achas que o casaco nos saldos foi key, viva os saldos!!!! Yup-hip-hurray!!!

Na 2a-feira, pede ao medico que te receite 1 semana de saldos, lol! e ele a perguntar-te como se receita isso, duuuh, que escreva a receita em cheques, claro! 1 semana comparticipada pelo NHS, a explorar os saldos e a descobrir tesouros pessoais, yuuuuuu-hu!
... era uma ideia, nao era?

Sinapse said...

Correction: coparticipada! 1 semana coparticipada pelo NHS.

kathiella said...

Happy New Year Miguel,
Great News about your new coat. Which picture in the collection you sent is it?

Enjoy it and wear it with pride!

Cão Traste said...

Sinapse, lol, a week of sales paid by the NHS would be the cure. Lol. I will suggest.

Hi Kathie, the look close to the coat is number 27, but not those sleeves. No, my sleeves are normal. The coat is work friendly.

Unknown said...

Bom Ano, Miguel.
A sugestao da Sinapse e' excelente. lOl

Beatriz e Jorge

Cão Traste said...

Ola Beatriz, Bom Ano. Quantos graus na Suica?

Unknown said...

Tás a ficar no ponto ; )