18/01/2010

Oh! disgrace....TV is back

I finally managed to get Virgin Media to come around and install my TV and broadband. With my in and out of hospital it was not possible to do it before. And I now even have wireless internet. Wow! So quick that my brain needs to adapt. But, TV is a vicious machine....I still have plenty of books to read and DVD's to watch. My stay in hospital was definitely short (thank God and the hospital staff) to catch up. How did I survive 7 years (true) without TV after I came back from Brazil? Clearly I did. First imagine on that screen, that stayed in the dark for 2 months, the Haiti disgrace. I could have stayed in watching for hours, but resisted.

Some other disgrace, or maybe not. It appears that the blood samples I took this morning revealed high levels of sodium?! The nurse think it might be a mistake, but I need to go back. According to "Wikipedia" this could be linked to fluids and kidneys functioning. I am feeling OK, I am feeling OK, I am feeling OK.

Fait divers 1: My Swiss neighbour (door to door, if closer I had to live with her), this beautiful, but unnice girl, managed to open the front door in front of me and not say hello. The feeling is like you are there, she sees you, but she totally ignores you. This wasn't the first time, but she did it again, confirming my previous suspicion that I have the worst neighbours in town. She is not the only one in the building that fills in the category " Let's ignore the neighbours". Next time she is not able to open the front door and rings my bell, it will be pay back time. Oh! Gosh. She followed me to the restaurant and she is sitting now in front of me.

Fait divers 2: The other day a friend said " London is so expensive that when you leave home you are already 200 pounds in negative". I have found this hilarious, not to mention so true.

Fait divers 3: Did you ever feel that your cleaning lady is not working the full hours you have paid for and that she is not cleaning properly? Well that is the way I feel each time she comes by. Veselina, is her name. She complains the ironing takes all her time (if tat least if the end result was good). I have a certain difficulty to communicate with her (maybe the fact that she has a hand cream name!) so anything I need I treat through the agency "Perfect Clean". Perfect? Yeah right!. Anyway, the communication didn't get much better. They convinced me to buy some cleaning products (that I had to search for on internet as I didn't know what they are) just to find out after that I had these products at home. Apart from a language problem my cleaning lady might have another problem with her sight. Anyway, the point I wanted to make is that today I decided to do some ironing (yes I also iron, and very well, I accept commissions if you need a hand). It took me almost 45 minutes to iron 2 duvet covers!!! To perfection. In any case, I might need to concede that the woman needs more time. I will ask her to raise a ticket with my helpdesk and I will investigate her case. lol.



7 comments:

Sinapse said...

Ah! o caixote magico! a caixinha viciante! a incontornavel televisao!

Cão Traste said...

de volta..imaginas! com os mesmo programas tentadores de sempre

Carlota said...

Ai, os vizinhos! Que bons posts dão os vizinhos!
Mas vinga-te, ouviste? A malcriada!

Cão Traste said...

ela ja eme anda atravessada ha uns tempos.lol

Anonymous said...

Quais as probabilidades de ter dois amigos que vivem sem televisão há anos??? Ainda ontem a propósito do lançamento da TV da Vodafone falava com orgulho destes amigos. E hoje vejo que o Mike cedeu à tentação - nunca mais serás o mesmo. Na verdade nunca percebi como era possivel. Beijos mor. Natália

Unknown said...

E passar com uma vaselinasinha no interior dos sapatinhos da vizinha que ficam à entradinha da portinha?....

Cão Traste said...

a versade susi e que a gaja costuma deixar sapatos a porta...mais os desportivos cheios de lama.

natalina, olha que eu ja tinha tv desde que vim para londres. a vodafone tem tv? o que mostra? daily report dos estabelecimentos? :-)