20/01/2010

Wake me up...not

How quick we forget what happens to us in a hospital. Let me tell you what happened to me since I was re-admitted yesterday. Nothing dramatic...just the proof that is impossible to rest.
15:00 They give me first intravenous antibiotic. We had to stop as I almost throw out, so quick this thing went into my system.
15:15 New antibiotic (they need to flush the hickman line each time). Administered at each 6 hours. They take me the blood pressure and check temperature
16:15 Flush the line after the antibiotic is finished
17:30 The assistant comes with the admission questionnaire (I confirmed my religion is still the same since December)
18:00 Dinner...oh my God!!!! And the assistant comes back for more questions and samples
18:30 Blood pressure and temperature
20:00 They give me a 8 hour bag of fluids
21:00 I am reading and start feeling really sleepy, but at 22:00 I need to take a medicine
21:30 Neutrophil injection
22:00 Get the medicine and go to sleep
23:00 Blood pressure and temperature. Order breakfast.
00:00 New bag of antibiotic
00:20 Flush the line after antibiotic is finished
03:00 Flush the line and new bag of fluids
06:00 New bag of antibiotic
06:20 Flush the line after antibiotic is finished
07:00 Blood pressure and temperature
08:00 Nurse visit
09:00 Breakfast
09:15 Blood samples
09:30 Doctor visit (all going well you may leave in the next three days)
09:45 Different doctor visit (all going well, you may leave today depending on blood samples)
(and since I am isolated they need to put on new gloves and an apron each time)
Don't get me wrong. All this must be done. But it is not simple to try to rest.



5 comments:

Sinapse said...

que tortura!! não há forma de pesar o bacalhau, fechar a pestana, enfim, dormir uma soneca descansado!

Cão Traste said...

nada de nada. e sempre a aviar.

Mónica said...

São mesmo maus... nós só queremos descansar, mas eles não nos deixam, aqui começam às 6h30 da manhã a tirar amostras de sangue não é nada fácil.
Beijinho amigo

Anonymous said...

mas eles estão a tratar bem de ti??...hhmmm, tu diz que tratamos do assunto, eles que te dêem algum descanso, tá!! bjnho e mta força. aNa

Unknown said...

Não despegam...