17/02/2010

What about my hair?

Tricky subject. Always more for women than for men, so they say. I don't really agree. I look OK bald, but I want my hair back. Doctors, or anyone else that thinks know something on the subject, say that after chemo hair might come back in different shapes and colours. Bit of a dangerous game. Imagine it comes back blonde when you were dark haired or afro when you had a caucasian look! I think that what happens is that hair comes back thinner and eventually slightly curlier or lighter in colour. Mine is coming back thinner and still darkish. But the little bastard has joined forces with the chemo to let me increasingly bald. A day doesn't go by without me looking to the mirror trying to assess the overall rythm of growth. Clearly on top of my head, where there wasn't much hair already before, I see even less hair now. Can I complain to the NHS that I have entered hospital with a nice hair and I got out with much less and it is not growing back? Worst, white hair is supposed to go away. But, my beard is growing whiter...and darker in the moustache!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Já te estou a imaginar com uma cabeleira farta, encaracolada e loira. Isso sim era motivo para um processo em tribunal.
Sem cabelo, sem cancro, elegante e cheio de charme parece-me a "good package".
Beijos Natália

Sinapse said...

... your beard or bird? or bear? or beer? ai, o que eu ainda me rio às gargalhadas quando me lembro dessa história que me contaste!!! lol!

Beijinhos!

Cão Traste said...

lol e a bicharada total.