06/02/2010

Countdown

8 sessions of radio and counting. 7 more to go. Well, depends who is right. The nurse talks of 15 sessions in total, I say 18 (that's what the doctor told me last Monday). Either way it is almost there. The room is freezing (almost) and their hands as well. Radio might cure me, but might get me a cold in no time. Still no side effect (except for the bit soar biopsy scar) and trusting a colleague patient it might never come. She is the only one talkative. If chemo was much worse to take, you would expect patients to be more reserved, but it was during chemo that I had more chatty patients around. In radio it is all to quick, you come and go. This specific lady is clearly very chatty. You say hi and she is already into her treatment and life. Bye then. And I was entitled to a presentation of the support services by a volunteer, herself a patient. Breast cancer 9 years ago, cleared ever since. She seemed to have digested a tape since her speech was so perfect and automatic. She was on her 60's, but very elegant. Interesting character. At least she preached her religion and moved on.

No comments: