02/02/2010

Organization, organization...no organization

Do you remember my adventure with the PET and the CD-ROM with the results that the radiologist required? If not, I recall you. I had to go three times, three days in a row to the St Thomas Hospital to pick up the CD-ROM's. Either they gave me the wrong one or the radiologist forgot to request the right one.

Anyway...at the end I got the right 2 CD-ROMs and gave it to the radiologists. Today, while waiting for the radio, the doctor came to see me and starts talking science fiction with figures and this and that (I had to ask three times how many days of radio I was going to get and couldn't figure out what her answer was)...and I realized she did not see the results of the last PET. I clarified the cancer is gone and by the way, where is the CD-ROM I gave them with the results stating that? Oh! They only got one CD-ROM (original results)....wait a second, I gave them 2!!!

In any case, the good results don't change their radio plan. I will definitely get 18 sessions of radio (18 business days, or shall I call them hospital days?). But, with less intensity in the last days. This plan ensures that any possible remaining cancer cell is killed.

The dialogue with the doctor made me think about Prof. B. yesterday's ironic remarks: "Did you like the radio doctor? Did she seem knowledgeable?" I said yes, and he challenged " What a surprise! Are you sure? Did you ask difficult questions?" He is such a funny guy.

The radio staff are nice, but there is not much socialization with patients. Not as during chemo. You get there, wait 5 minutes, they call you, you go to the machine, they position you, 1 minute of treatment, finish and off you go. But it is understandable. During chemo (in my case) you stay in hospital or you spend more hours in hospital. The staf end up socializing more with you.

5 comments:

Carlota said...

Um motivo para não socializar também pode se um bom motivo... :)

Carlota said...

pode ser, foi o que eu quis escrever.

Anonymous said...

miguel - wow - fab news that the big c is gone!!!!! I'm so happy for you - great victory!!! brilliant!!!!
hugs - therese

Cão Traste said...

thanks therese
carlota tens razao as vezes o calado esta melhor...isto e, nao socializar.

Unknown said...

Como se dizia em mocambique nos meus tempos de discussoes infindaveis- A guerra continua mas a vitoria ja e nossa!!! estamos juntos. Forca Migas, T